Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Wavy hair-Should I blow dry straight/ wear naturally/get chemically straightened?

I have naturally wavy hair with little ringlet-y pieces framing my face with the least amount of wave in the back of my hair (it's still wavy, just not little corkscrews like the hair around my face). Should I just blowdry straight and if so, what products are best to keep frizzies %26amp; fly aways at bay while also actually straightening hair? Should I wear it naturally and if so, what products work best and should I air dry or blow dry? Or, should I get my hair straightened at the salon? I think that could be really damaging but I don't know. Any ideas?



Wavy hair-Should I blow dry straight/ wear naturally/get chemically straightened?

I'll give you some advice from experience: I have curly/wavey hair and when I was young, everyone wanted straight blonde hair. I ironed it every morning and stripped it till it looked like straw!!! Now I wish I had all of those natural waves.



I think your answer will depend on what kind of hair you have (texture wise) and if you color it. I'd invest in a good cut first and take advantage of what you have. It will be easier on you and will look lovely. The less chemicals the better. Let a stylist tell you what products to use to keep it healthy.



Wavy hair-Should I blow dry straight/ wear naturally/get chemically straightened?

They have a new way to straighten your hair out chemically. Its not as damaging at all but its expensive and time consuming. Its called the japanese straightening system. If you do decide to do this make sure the salon you go to is certified to do this Report It



Wavy hair-Should I blow dry straight/ wear naturally/get chemically straightened?

Wear your hair as naturally as you can.



Most guys will like any kind of hair style if thats what you were born with, but they absolutley hate hair that has weird feeling chemicals in it.



Wavy hair-Should I blow dry straight/ wear naturally/get chemically straightened?

Go natural.



Wavy hair-Should I blow dry straight/ wear naturally/get chemically straightened?

wavy, makes you look exotic, b/c everbody straighten their hair.



Wavy hair-Should I blow dry straight/ wear naturally/get chemically straightened?

I also have naturally wavy hair. I've done it all. I have had my hair chemically straightened and that has helped some. The only problem with that is when it starts to grow out..your roots will be wavy. I have found that if you use a really good moisurizer for your hair that helps control the frizz, it's best to use a flat iron. I personally use Biosilk and a Chi flat iron after I've allowed my hair to air dry. Either way if you use the chemicals, blow dryer or flat iron, you are still damaging your hair with the chemicals and the heat. Good luck!



Wavy hair-Should I blow dry straight/ wear naturally/get chemically straightened?

As much as they claim that chemical salon hair straighteners have improved, they still really "fry" your hair. It falls or, at best, just lays flat and limp. I think you should keep it untouched chemically and wear it either curly, wavy, or straight by blow-drying it. Get a haircut that would work for frizzy hair. Good products are: Phyto-defrisant, hard to find and expensive. You find it at specialty hair salons and hair product boutiques in major cities or upscale department stores like Neiman-Marcus or Saks Fifth Avenue. Drugstore brands like John Frieda or L'Oreal are also good. If you can get to NYC, make an appointment at a hair salon called Deva-shan in Soho (area code 212). They specialize in curly hair. They sell a very nice book with haircuts and hairstyles for mild wavy to very curly hair. I think it's called "curly girl."



Wavy hair-Should I blow dry straight/ wear naturally/get chemically straightened?

blow drying is so time consuming and lets face it who wants to spend 2 hours blow drying hair at the crack of dawn. if you choose this technique than get some mousse and put in before blow drying. as far as chemical straightning, relaxers are what most hairstylist choose but when i was doing hair we use to use permanent waves to straighten hair. remember when your mom got her hair permanently curled in the salon with the little curlers. well minus the curlers plus alot of combing will straighten your hair and its not as damaging as relaxers. that stuff is the strongest chemical you can put on hair.



Wavy hair-Should I blow dry straight/ wear naturally/get chemically straightened?

i think you should buy a relaxer and do it yourself. keep frizz down by rubbing conditioner over dry hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment