Thursday, April 26, 2012

What is a good home vacuum for people with long hair?

The spinning brush under my vacuum always gets the hair knotted around it! Also, my carpet is rather thick and I have pet hair and pet food pieces to pick up. I have been pricing out a Dyson, but I would love a less expensive alternative. Thanks for your help!



What is a good home vacuum for people with long hair?

Dyson and Oreck were rated poorly with Consumer Reports magazine.



They rated the Sears Kenmore number one so I bought it.



It's the very best vacuum I've ever owed. It's very strong and you can shut down the beater bar if your worried about long hair.



Read October 2006 Consumer Reports they give you a lot of great info. on vacuums. But please stay away from Dyson and Oreck I've heard too many people say they don't like them.



What is a good home vacuum for people with long hair?

Dyson has a damn good vacuum, but it is not cheap.



What is a good home vacuum for people with long hair?

From what I understand the Dyson is the best pick...it never gets clogged and lasts longer then the less expensive vacuums. I have never heard of anyone hating their Dyson. The investment may be worth it.



If you are around an HHGregg I suggest you price the other guys first and then go to them, they will beat the best offer and possibly give you a much better offer...haggle, it's worth it!



What is a good home vacuum for people with long hair?

Dyson's are the best way to go ultimately but in the mean time, my suggestion is turn that vacuum over and cut the hair straight down the middle - depending on how your bristles are - and pull it off. Its worked for me and I've had a Target bought Bissell for 5 years now.



What is a good home vacuum for people with long hair?

I am an owner of a carpet cleaning business. The techs always sweep the carpet prior to cleaning with a Dyson. They have filters that must be cleaned regularly. Dyson replaces broken parts as needed.



What is a good home vacuum for people with long hair?

I had the same problems that you are having. I have 4 daughters and a wife all with long hair plus 3 dogs. I would go to walmart and buy a cheap vacuum and always have the same problems. I bought a an Oreck xl online and have not had any problems with it. Hope this helps.



What is a good home vacuum for people with long hair?

First thing I recommend is keep lots of lint rollers on hand all the time. I have two cats (one is a long-haired), plus I have long hair. I have a Eureka bagless and it works really well. I always take a lint roller to all of my furniture and I look for areas on my floor where a lot of hair gathers. After using the lint roller, I vacuum (I have attachments for my furniture, which really helps). Also, once a day, use your lint roller on your pet (my cats love it) to pick up any loose hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment