Friday, April 27, 2012

How best to "test drive" a hair dresser? Just moved to a new town. So far I am 0-2. See de

In a new town where a cut %26amp; highlights can run $200-$600, I finaly asked a neighbor who did her hair ?(I liked hers ) This was after a disasterous visit to the towns "best." Who on a Sat visit changed my chair at least 8 times, had 6 different people work on me (how are you supposed to handle THAT tipping arrangement?) and for a cut and highlights (he only mixed the color)kept me there for four hours. Gave me a bill for $450 And his receptionist solicited a tip for him. HE is the owner!



The next cut and highlight was just as bad. The referral. But this time he was speedy gonzalez! I chose pictures right in front of him to describe the color I wanted, a Red-Auburn. Left it on too long, Had WIDE BLOND stripes. Sent me out wet in about 25 mins. And Yep, I paid the damn $200 %26amp; tip! %26amp;yep another owner



At these prices, is it ok to "interview" for a stylist? What do I ask? How do I know who is best in the shop? Is it out of line to ask for a small piece of my hair to be colored?



How best to "test drive" a hair dresser? Just moved to a new town. So far I am 0-2. See details below. THANKS

when making an appointment at a salon specifically ask for a consultation first...bring in a few pic's and have the stylist explain what you want....don't explain to them because you may just get alot of yes.yes i understands..if they explain exactly what you want without telling them then they obviously have the ability to give that to you....then rebook appointment for your hair to be done...you don't have to pick the first person...ask for a few stylist for a consultation and you decide...you may not like any and will have to try the next salon...good luck



How best to "test drive" a hair dresser? Just moved to a new town. So far I am 0-2. See details below. THANKS

u should definally interview for a stylist!! u should ask them if they have any experiance, how long they have been styling peoples hair. to know who's the best at the shop, when u r there, observe the different people working there. see which ones do the best work.



How best to "test drive" a hair dresser? Just moved to a new town. So far I am 0-2. See details below. THANKS

Don't say interview, call and say you would like to schedule a consultation for color and a cut. Or, whatever you were wanting done. This way, you can describe what you want and get their feedback, all the while being in the salon and seeing if it is going to be a good fit. Just remember, say consultation, not interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment