Thursday, April 26, 2012

What are my rights if a hair stylist(@ a hair salon) messed up my hair and wouldn't give me a r

I live in Texas. Licensed hair stylist messed up my highlights so bad, they looked like cheetah spots all over my hair. One thick piece of highlight trned green and had hair fall out in a small place on scalp that left a bloody spot for about a week. I called hair stylist and she avoided me and got the owner of the salon to call me back. Owner was very rude and un-coperative. Told me I would not get my money back! But that I could come in to get it fixed....I said no way! I had to pay to get it corrected and I want to know my rights and if I have a chance in winning in Small Claims Court in Texas.



What are my rights if a hair stylist(@ a hair salon) messed up my hair and wouldn't give me a refund?

you CAN take it to small claims court, but unfortunately, it's not worth it. i was so close to taking my ex roomates, i went to the clerk of courts and found out all the info i needed. you have to PAY to take them, i forgot exactly how much, and then besides the main fee, there are a few other fees. also they're not REQUIRED to show up, like a normal court date. if they dont show up, all that can really happen is a portion of the money rightfully owed to you will come from their next pay check, to you, if the judge issues it. and it will only be as much as what you paid. which isnt even worth it because you'll have paid more just to take them to court.



What are my rights if a hair stylist(@ a hair salon) messed up my hair and wouldn't give me a refund?

ok im a hairstylist ......and really you should have went back into the salon to get it fixed.......thats what salons do .......(redo's)....and if you already got it fixed,,,,,,,there is no proof...not really worth ur time



What are my rights if a hair stylist(@ a hair salon) messed up my hair and wouldn't give me a refund?

If the owner did not handle this situation to your satisfaction, it may be worth a small claims court trip. A reptable salon should have insurance to cover such claims. Investigate our options locally. There may be free legal advice available in your area.



I do hope you documented your experience by way of photos. This kind of experience is not one any salon would want to be known for and it is a shame the salon owner made no effort to make good on this situation. It is possible that your stylist was a booth renter, in which case the salon owner is not liable for her actions and has no control over her assets or fees charged (to my understanding) as the stylist is considered an independednt contractor within her salon. In this case, you should be dealing with the stylist directly.



Weigh the benefits here versus the cost of filing the claim. Will you be paying more for the chance at getting reimbursed than it's worth?



I am apalled to hear that a professional, salon owner at that, treated you this way. I wish you the best of luck!



What are my rights if a hair stylist(@ a hair salon) messed up my hair and wouldn't give me a refund?

You may have to find out where to look this up, cuz, I don't know, but, in Washington state, you have up to 7 years to place a lawsuit against a hair salon. So, you could take lots of pictures and go to court. She should have fixed it for free, not wanting to make you pay again. That is not right.



What are my rights if a hair stylist(@ a hair salon) messed up my hair and wouldn't give me a refund?

well of course they should fix it i find it strange that they won't but i find it hard to believe ur story now the cheetah spots maybe but thats weird bleach never turns hair green so that is not true maybe orange but never green the problem is you have too much damage in ur hair and too much dyes i just know it...you need a good cut and to go darker for a while no more bleaching

No comments:

Post a Comment