Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I have really curly and thick hair, and I need new hairstyles?

Everyday for school I put my thick curly hair in a ponytail with clips holding the shorter pieces of hair back. My hair is frizzy also. I need new hairstyles that will fit my hair type. Thnks!! =D



I have really curly and thick hair, and I need new hairstyles?

It took me years to figure it out, but I have finally found a way to make my naturally curly hair look great!!



Here are the steps to take to get nonfrizzy curly hair:



1. ALWAYS use a conditioner...any of the Pantene conditioners work well.



2. After combing out your hair with a wide-toothed comb use hair gel (LA Looks #8 in the green bottle). After applying the gel, comb it out again. Then, dry your hair a little by scrunching it in a towel.



3. Use a difusser and blow dry your hair completely. I just turn my head downwards and let all of my hair rest in the top of the diffuser. By doing this, it gets scrunched by itself and I don't have to keep scrunching it with my hands.



4. After your hair has dried, use the wide-toothed comb to kind of fluff your hair (don't comb through it after it has dried because it will become mega frizzed!)



5. Apply another coat of LA Looks gel (THIS IS ESSENTIAL) without the extra coat of gel your hair will become frizzy :-%26gt;



These are the steps that I take...believe it or not I usually wash my hair at night and as long as I follow these steps and remember to put that extra layer of gel on my hair after it dries, my hair fixes very easily in the morning. I don't have white flakes and my hair doesn't get hard unless I don't wash it for a couple of days in a row. I also don't have the "wet look"



Hairstyles:



When I want a change I wear a thin headband on my head. You can find all sorts of colors at Claires for about $3.



Make sure that you don't slick your hair down with the headband. The sides of your bangs should be left down in tendrils.



Also, wear some earrings. You can get some cute ones from Claire's or Body Central. Below, I have attached the Body Central's web site:



http://www.bodyc.com/BodyCentral/womens....



I have really curly and thick hair, and I need new hairstyles?

Lol, I don't have an answer for you, but I feel yur pain, I've got the thick %26amp; curly hair too. I've pretty much been reduced to ponytails %26amp; scrunching gel.



I have really curly and thick hair, and I need new hairstyles?

soak your hair in gel



I have really curly and thick hair, and I need new hairstyles?

Oh, how I feel your pain. What I've recently found to work best for me is to use an anti-frizz product, rather than a gel or mousse in order to avoid that "caught in the rain" look. I then use a flat iron to straighten my side bangs. Sometimes I close the straightener on sections of hair, not running it over the curls, just closing it, keeping it inplace for 2 seconds, and releasing. This gives more of a beachy-wave type look.



I hope this works for you, good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment